Nevada Sales Account Manager
Role and Responsibilities
MRES is the Groeneveld, Orlaco, SCAN~LINK, and other related products Distributor for Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, and Wyoming. This position is responsible for following established procedures while carrying out various Account Manager functions as assigned. This position is dedicated to growing the company customers, revenues, and image through outside sales and marketing, and all aspects of customer account management.
The Account Manager is responsible for the management of a designated sales territory. This would include prospecting for new accounts, growth by the selling of new accounts, and growing and retaining existing business.
- To achieve territory sales goals the individual must use sound and ethical sales techniques, and implement sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth through the selling of new and existing customers.
- Position requires overnight travel with selling locations located in offices, distribution warehouses, construction sites, mining locations, and more.
- Call frequencies to core business must be maintained with the Account Manager establishing relationships with clients to build repeat business.
- Position is a base salary plus commission with a company vehicle supplied as needed, a current driver’s license without restrictions is required.
Account Managers call on both existing clients and potential customers. Because client attrition occurs among existing clients an Account Manager must work to make up lost sales with new business.
- Account Managers present product features and services through verbal communication and presentations, showing benefits, and return of investment of products.
- Account Manager prepares bids for jobs, and is responsible for working through customer problems along with follow up on how jobs where performed.
- Account Manager must professionally communicate to potential customers, existing clients, co-workers, and management.
- Sales targets are maintained with an understanding of where sales growth is coming from, and must identify potential at risk accounts while taking steps to maintain the business.
- Account Manager must be able to perform minor product troubleshooting, perform on site training for all products, work with OEM.s, Service Dealers, and End Users, and be able and willing to sell solutions that highlight the value of our products and services.
Account Managers are required to meet standard sales requirements; ability to present and write sales quotes within company guidelines, follow up on sales quotes in a timely manner, and follow up on leads quickly.
- Must be able to organize their territory in such a way that call frequencies are maintained, prepare call reports showing who was called on – what was the purpose of the call – and opportunities that exist, do follow up on completed jobs, and resolve issues that occur.
- Do required tasks such as call reports, vehicle mileage reporting, expense accounts and more, in a timely manner per company needs and requirements.
The products and services being sold can be used on construction equipment, highway equipment, mining equipment, fixed plant equipment, and warehouse equipment.
- Sales calls will occur in many types of environments, inclement weather, and diversified companies with diversified product needs.
Must demonstrate the ability to identify and contact decision makers through cold calls, research and networking with existing clients or other representatives in the industry that you target in your sales process.
- Account Manager must have strong communication skills that lead to long term business relationships with customers, vendors, dealers, OEM’s, co-workers, and managers.
- Account Manager must have strong presentation and negotiation skills allowing them to build a compelling case for the products and services sold.
- Must be a self-starter in this role to make the most of your leads and professional network, should possess basic software aptitude to maintain account information, pull reports and manage sales territory and sales productivity. Must be inner driven to do what it takes to get the sale, regardless of travel, or working hours.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Advanced Degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field strongly preferred.
- 5+ years pf proven results in sales or marketing positions
- Pass Pre-employment, random, post-accident, and annual drug screens
- Positively communicate in English both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to generate presentations
- Be energetic, maintain a professional appearance, and possess a greatattitude. Team Player.
- Multi-task in a fast paced environment and be fit for duty each day
- Travel as needed including overnight
- Represent the value of MRES at all times
This position will be one where the individual gains knowledge and understanding of all MRES products and services and be able and willing to explain their value. They will through excellent personal skills, both externally and internally, develop strong customer retention and relations. They will advance in the areas of sales and marketing giving them a rewarding career with positive opportunities. An account Manager has the responsibility to grow, plan, and manage their assigned area, through sales growth and working with M.R.E.S personnel in management, sales, warehousing, and service.